Thursday, January 7, 2010

I'm looking for the recipe for Plum Pudding in the earliest version of the Betty Crocker cookbook - Thanks!?

Right, let me just pull that out of my back pocket, spend the time in scanning it so I can send it to youI'm looking for the recipe for Plum Pudding in the earliest version of the Betty Crocker cookbook - Thanks!?
Christmas Plum Pudding








1 cup finely chopped beef suet


2 cups fine bread crumbs


1 cup sugar


1 cup milk


1 pint flour


1 cup seedless raisins


1 cup dried currants


1 cup chopped almonds


1/2 cup citron, sliced thin


1 tsp salt


1 tsp cloves


2 tsp cinnamon


1 tsp nutmeg


4 well-beaten eggs


1 tsp of baking soda dissolved in 1 tbsp warm water


Flour the fruit thoroughly.





In a large bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, spices, and salt in the milk.





Stir in the fruit, nuts, bread crumbs, and suet. Then stir in the dissolved baking soda. Then add in the flour.





Boil or steam for 4 hours. Serve with wine or brandy (which may be flambed) or any well-flavored sauce.





I'm looking for the recipe for Plum Pudding in the earliest version of the Betty Crocker cookbook - Thanks!?
I thought I had an early version of a Betty Crocker Cookbook but I can't find it. I have great success online finding old recipes. Here is a link that has a Betty Crocker recipe for Plum Pudding, see it it's what you're looking for:





http://www.bettycrocker.com/Recipes/Reci鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment